17 night Malaysia holiday
Singapore - Kota Kinabalu - Selingan Turtle Island Park - Pantai Dalit Beach
Overnight flight to Singapore
You will be met on arrival and privately transferred to The Park Hotel Clarke Quay where you will be spending the first 4 nights of your once in a lifetime Asian holiday.
Park Hotel Clarke Quay
With classic architecture inspired by Singapore's colonial past and a sincere dedication to delight modern international travellers, Park Hotel Clarke Quay is a tropical retreat by the Singapore River in in close proximity to Clarke Quay entertainment precinct. The hotel is strategically located in central Singapore and facing the country's famous historic sea-trading artery.
The award-winning riverfront Park Hotel Clarke Quay cuts a distinctive silhouette with a striking red-tiled roof and towers with spires, creating a stunning, illuminated façade when night falls. Dream of the old days when bumboats laden with goods meandered through the busy waters of the Singapore River – the lifeblood of commercial trade. Today, just steps from this city hotel, you can embark on a river cruise on these very same bumboats, or experience a vibrant nightlife by the river banks at the entertainment and dining enclave of Clarke Quay.
Park Hotel Clarke Quay luxury rooms - Your personal tropical oasis in the heart of Singapore, the award-winning hotel welcomes travellers into its warm embrace in 336 well-appointed rooms and suites. Each room and suite at this hotel showcases modern baroque furnishings, elevated ceilings, as well as full length bay windows that unravel scintillating views of the Singapore River or the cityscape. Luxuriate in style amidst rich colours and ambient lightings in a well-designed space, well-equipped with the latest state-of-the art features and amenities.
Cuisine and ambience at Park Hotel Clarke Quay - Carefully-crafted buffets and menus to tantalise the taste buds, irresistible seafood barbeques under the stars and by the pool – Park Hotel Clarke Quay’s epicurean offerings transport you to a tropical retreat right in the heart of metropolitan Singapore. Brizo Restaurant & Bar is a Clarke Quay restaurant with a soothing ambience that welcomes you with its tempting servings of mouth-watering seafood, local favourites and extensive wine selections. Nothing comes between you and the night sky at Cocobolo Poolside Bar + Grill, except the enticing aroma of the grill and the urge to take a dip in the inviting outdoor swimming pool.
The inviting 25-metre outdoor swimming pool is located on the same floor as the gymnasium and makes for the perfect place to chill. Bask in the sun with your favourite drink from the bar or enjoy the romantic sunset on the deck.
Alternatively, indulge in hours of pampering bliss in the five cabana-style spa pavilions within the quiet sanctuary of the garden ambience, and experience the therapeutic effect of relaxing massages at Spa Park Asia while enjoying spectacular views of Singapore’s skyline.
Private transfer to Singapore Airport
Flight from Singapore to Kota Kinabalu
On arrival at Kota Kinabalu airport you will be met and privately transferred to The Shangri-La Tanjung Aru Resort, your home for the next 3 nights of your holiday.
Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa
A gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees.
Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.
Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, comprises 492 luxurious rooms and suites in two wings – the Kinabalu Wing and the Tanjung Wing. All rooms are designed to provide contemporary luxury inspired by the colours and textures of traditional Borneo.
Excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breath-taking every step of the way.
The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.
Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach.
Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa offers an enticing array of Kota Kinabalu restaurants serving international and Asian gourmet specialities.
A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.
For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu.
Today you will begin a 3 day 2 night Orangutans and Turtles Tour as follows;
- Early morning transfer and flight from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan.
- Transfer to the jetty for boat ride to Selingan Turtle Islands Park.
- The journey to Island will take approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Upon arrival, register at Turtle Island Parks HQ and check into chalet.
- After lunch at cafeteria, free at own leisure (e.g. swimming or snorkelling).
- After dinner, wait for rangers call to observe turtle laying eggs. Transfer the eggs to the hatchery and if there are young turtle hatchlings, an opportunity to observe the release of baby turtles to the open sea.
- Overnight at chalet. (Lunch & Dinner)
Orang Utans and Sukau River
- Morning scheduled boat depart from island to Sandakan jetty.
- After breakfast, drive for approximately 30 minutes to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre. At this Centre, observe man’s closest relative “the Orang Utan” being rehabilitated to become wild in their natural habitat and experience a walk in the Tropical Lowland Dipterocarp Forest of Borneo.
- Witness the feeding of Orang Utan at 10:00 at the feeding to the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre, the Centre that managed to improve the living condition of the rescued sun bear and released their natural behaviours in the 2.5ha enclosed forest.
- Depart Centre at 11:45 and proceed for lunch at Sepilok area.
- At 12:30 depart transfer to jetty in Sandakan. At 13:00 depart from jetty, take an hour of boat ride, and cruise up to the Lower Kinabatangan River Sanctuary. This is a wonderful journey of discovery which starts from the waters of Sulu Sea of Sandakan Town through a magnificent scenery of the Mangrove Forest. Check in Abai Jungle Lodge, late in the afternoon, you will be expecting a cruise to search for wildlife until the sunsets while enjoying a cup of coffee and by night falls continue the night cruise to witness the fireflies as Christmas tree.
- Return to the lodge for dinner. After dinner, again experience the “Jungle at night” at our nature boardwalk to search birds, snakes, insects and other wildlife with the nature guide.
- Overnight at Abai Jungle Lodge. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Wake up by the calls of nature, early morning take a river trip to Pitas Ox Bow Lake to observe wildlife and experience the unique nature of this lake.
- After breakfast, transfer by boat back to Sandakan.
- Upon arrival at the jetty, transfer to the airport
- Lunch at the local restaurant before flight MH2047 departs for Kota Kinabalu
- (Breakfast & Lunch)
Return flight to Kota Kinabalu then private transfer to the Shangri-La Rasa Ria Resort for the final 6 nights of your Malaysia holiday.
Shangri-La Rasa Ria Resort
It is dawn, and you are seated in a tower as the majestic new sun rises over Mount Kinabalu in the distance. This is the best breakfast you have ever had.
This is Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort on Pantai Dalit Beach. Set amidst a nature reserve, the resort enchants endlessly with its natural magic.
Your Malaysian-themed room is perched on a verdant hill, with a spectacular beachfront view, surrounded by 400 acres of tropical forest. You see the catamarans along the beach, and can only imagine what other activities await.
- Each room features a private balcony with two armchairs and a coffee table overlooking the forest, garden or sea.
- Marble-clad bathroom with sink, either with bath-tub or glass-enclosed shower
Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort offers popular western cuisines, as well as Malaysian and Asian favourites.
Relish contemporary western cuisine in an inviting beachfront setting at the award-winning Coast Restaurant and Bar. Indulge in all-day dining outdoors or indoors at this engaging spot for casual snacks at Coffee Terrace.
Savour the refined cuisine of Northern India and spicy specialties from coastal Goa at Naan - Flavours of India. Makan Street captures the nostalgia that encompasses Malaysia’s heritage of simple food stalls, set along streets as well as open-fronted shop-house restaurants.
During the day, enjoy refreshing beverages and light snacks at the beachside Sampan Bar. In the evening, Lobby Lounge is a popular spot for a drink while being entertained by resident musicians.
The resort is home to an eco-friendly championship golf course and the magnificent Spa at Dalit Bay. Unique to the Rasa Ria resort is the Orangutan Education Centre where you’ll meet Sabah’s icon.
Even the kids have their own fun club. And the more adventurous ones get to help the rangers look after the baby Orang Utans in the resort’s care.
You decide on horse riding today and all-terrain vehicle safari tomorrow. Don’t forget about the deep-sea fishing the day after.
Twilight happens all too soon. But with sunset cocktails and dinner in a beach-side gazebo served by your own private butler, you don’t really mind.
Once you’ve experienced the splendour, nothing else matters. Welcome to paradise.
There are a range of day tour options including Mt Kinabalu, a visit to a floating fishing village and I think a steam train trip. More details on this can be provided.
Guests at the Rasa Ria have exclusive access to the on-site orang-utan sanctuary for a small fee payable locally.
Private transfer toKota Kinabalu airport
Flight from Kota Kinabalu to Singapore
Overnight flight from Singapore to London
For more information on this particular holiday or ideas for alternative holidays
call Joanne on 01243 779 737