We wanted to send an email to say thank you for arranging such a fab holiday and to give you some feedback.
Feedback on America trip
We had a fantastic time and felt the balance between driving, site-seeing and stopovers was spot-on. Once again thank you for your excellent help and knowledge – it really made a difference.
- Hotel Monteleone was in the perfect location and all staff were extremely helpful. The valet parking was great. Breakfast was expensive but worth it.
- We’d recommend GW Finns for a fine dining meal – we booked on-line before we travelled
- Another great place to eat and drink was www.orleansgrapevine.com
- The Anchuca is a gem. It’s an excellent venue, personal touch service and great breakfast included.
- Easy and safe walk down-town. Quirky touch where they pipe music onto the streets in the evening.
- Would recommend the highway 61 coffee house
- The Alluvian is lovely and smart.
- The in-house Giardinas restaurant is excellent but definitely book before you go. It’s private dining in a small room behind a curtain!
- Although Clark House needs a good clean and air-con maintenance – it’s a beautiful house loads of space to relax and read/plan
- Billy is the innkeeper and he knows the area very well and is informative about music venues and restaurants
- Breakfast is an unusual but fantastic self-service continental arrangement. Very good.
- Ground Zero and Reds blues clubs are a must see. They look intimidating but they’re not at all threatening.
- Hampton Inn and Suites in a fantastic central location right next to Beale Street with easy self-parking next door.
- We would highly recommend the Mojo music bus tour with a trip to Sun studio included
- Eating in the BB King blues club was great with live music while you eat
- We’d recommend Flights restaurant for a fine dining meal – we booked on-line before we travelled
- All visitors should spend some time at the National Civil Rights Museum
- Hilton Garden Inn was fine. Standard hotel not very central – but easy to park at and has restaurants nearby
- Hampton Inn and Suites was very nice. Easy walk to some great restaurants down-town.
- Lovely parks in the area for chilled strolling and relaxing
- Choo choo hotel is quirky and the main reception area and breakfast/bar area is lovely
- We stayed in building 3 which looks awful from the outside [concrete eastern-bloc look to it] it’s pretty basic inside
- We would suggest staying in one of the train carriage rooms, they look really good but were not available for us [we asked because we were so disappointed with the look of building 3]
- Chattanooga itself is pretty disappointing apart from lookout mountain
- We’d recommend St Johns restaurant for a fine dining meal – we booked on-line before we travelled
- Loews hotel is a top-class hotel. Fantastic breakfast [a little expensive but prob worth it]
Car hire was another huge success. Very straightforward at both airports. Excellent quality sat-nav.
If any of your customers are looking to do the blues trail – we’d be happy to pass on our views about the various museums and other blues venues we visited.
Andy and Cathy Wiseman