California is a warm and welcoming state benefiting from its superb climate and history.
Northern California has a spectacular coastline nudged by the rolling Pacific surf, green valleys with thriving vineyards, magnificent redwoods, majestic mountains and spellbinding national parks. Southern California enjoys a relaxed lifestyle, beautiful coastal resorts, theme parks and iconic cities. Luxurious hotels, great golf, wonderful restaurants and fabulous beaches await. In between San Francisco and Los Angeles the bread basket of California is found, superb farmers markets, independent vineyards, deserted beaches, clear lakes, wide open spaces - the real California
- San Francisco - The Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf
- Los Angeles - Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Museums & architecture, theme parks, shopping
- Lovely towns dotted down the coast - Carmel, Monterey, Big Sur, Cambria, Pismo
- Yosemite National Park - mirror lake, bike rides, water falls, zip wiring, water rafting
- Sequia National park - Huge forest
- Lake Tahoe - water sports, hiking, bike rides, beaches, relaxation.
- San Diego - beaches, culture, nightlife, water sports, theme parks
We've created a short list of hotels we consider to be in a good location offering excellent service and value, obviously we can’t list all the hotels within California but are confident that within our vast portfolio we will have a hotel to suit your personal requirements and budget.
California hotels we recommend:
Our California Holiday Suggestions:
- Time difference is -8 GMT
- Flying time 12 hours from Heathrow
- Currency US Dollars
- Southern California LA to San Diego is warm all year round but Northern California is certainly cooler over the winter months
- Pacific Highway 1 - from San Francisco to Los Angeles takes aprox 8 hours to drive down during the summer months. We suggest stopping 2 or 3 times - its beautiful.
- The wide open roads make it easy to drive but don't try and see too much - this is a holiday
How to enquire about California Holidays:
If you are looking for ideas and inspiration for your America holidays then follow the links below to browse through some of our other America Holiday itineraries we have created for previous clients then call us on 01243 779 737 to speak to a human being or complete our ENQUIRY FORM
Our office hours are 9.30 to 7.30 pm Monday to Friday and by appointment outside of normal working hours.
We create a variety of holidays for all sorts of people, let us tailor make a holiday itinerary specific to your personal requirements..
Link to America
Link to America Multi Centre Holidays
Link to America Fly Drive Holidays
Please note, all visitors to the USA are required, by law, to complete an online ESTA form prior to travel, one form must be completed for each member of the family and or party. The US government charges a fee of $14.00 for ESTA applications,
For your financial security all holidays created by Time and Place Luxury Holidays are covered under the Civil Aviation ATOL protection scheme.